Monday 8 September 2014

The warning 100 word challange

I fell asleep on the lush emerald grass with my head in the clouds. A dreamy expression sidled across my face and the world of dreams arrived. The moral I had heard the other day buzzed in my head.
“But it is yellow” he had said, calmly.
A single tear slid down my pale cheeks and I looked around, everything was not as it seemed. Where was I? Was I still dreaming?
“You have been warned” a stern voice whispered.
I thought back to the past, nothing. Suddenly the sky turned dark and lightning pierced my flesh, electrocuting my lifeless body. All was yellow.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Violet. You are a thoughtful writer, I can see this in this story and in your other posts here. In this response to the prompt you have created an intriguing narrative and the reader is presented with several lines of enquiry to engage with the plot. I like the way you use "yellow" to both introduce and to conclude your idea. I enjoyed reading this . . perhaps you should write a prequel? Mr Mullard Team 100 WC UK

    ReplyDelete