Monday 8 September 2014

Romance

Every night we'd sing and dance in the darkness. The stars and crescent moon always lit up a small path where we danced. One night when strolling along the front porch with the small pebble raindrops dripping on our umbrella's, he fell. It all happened so fast, a crash a scream then tears of sadness as his lifeless body crumpled. I looked up at the sky and my slow, painful breathing was shallow and deep. As if apologising a soft breeze lifted me into the icy air and took me to the heavens where I could love him forever.

2 comments:

  1. I love the beginning, the imagery that your initial sentences bring together really grabs the listener.
    I had to reread the end twice as i wondered if you had mixed your genders.
    An image like this would have gone nicely with this. https://www.flickr.com/photos/18213948@N00/2646278550/?rb=1

    ReplyDelete