Wednesday 10 September 2014

The escape Chapter 6

 I groaned and with agony as I lay on scratchy straw with no food to eat. I almost wish I had chosen to stay with that creepy dude. It was THAT horrible. The rough scrapings that rotted the concrete kept us from sleeping, and dark rings were always left under my sunken blue eyes. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Lily quickly shut her eyes and 'try' to fall asleep. I took my chance,
"Lily Lily it's morning time we're going to escape," I shouted at the top of my lungs.
"Scarlet it's five o'clock" she mumbled.
"But you hardly slept AND you promised" I complained.
"No" she said sternly.
"PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE" I begged.
The look in her eyes told me she had given up.
"Okay" she said, rolling her eyes.
"YAY," I squealed with delight.
"Be quite," my sister whispered, sternly.
"Sorry" I sulked, melting into the shadows.
The man's loud shuffling footsteps echoed around the hallway, and I quickly shoved myself through the small rotten window. I looked back and saw Lily climb out the window after me and jogged to keep up. Worry spread across my face and problems popped up inside my head. Lily then grabbed my hand,
"I will always be there for you," she gently whispered.
Terrified I glanced back and saw that the man was chasing us, we broke into a sprint. I then saw him pull out a pistol and we ran harder.
"Wait," I called, my energy draining.
She must've missed what I had said because she kept on running, but I had to stop. Suddenly a bullet came spinning, then the world flashed beyond me. I saw a smirk on the the man's face as he walked off. Pain crept up my body and I let out a small howl. My sister crept up to me and her soft weeping formed a tiny smile. I just managed to open my eyes a crack and whisper.
"You will remember me, right?"
"Always" she replied gently
The world dissolved......


No comments:

Post a Comment