Monday 18 August 2014

The explosion chapter 1

I hugged my little sister,
"Hi" she called.
"Hello" I teased in a silly voice that made her screech and squeal.
Day after day we had been hiding in a musty cupboard. For me I felt like Anne Frank, for her, well she was always shaking and crying tears of fear. We had been running from a man that had tried to kill us, always wearing that mask to hide his rotten face. I started exploring, trying to gather smiles on my face. My sister followed but I was scared. I didn't want her to get hurt she was the one that was making us get through it all. I told her to stay but she wouldn't listen.
"No" she chortled over and over.
"Fine" I muttered.
"You're old enough," I sighed.
We walked, turned a corner then ran in to an old man, well at least I did. My sister had disappeared and my fear turned to worry. I looked up, a shadow had been cast across his face and an evil grin showed hatred. I screamed but an explosion stopped the knife. Rubble exploded everywhere. I fell to the ground and smashed my head. I cried but no-one heard. Before I could scream the world went black.

No comments:

Post a Comment