Thursday 20 November 2014

Royal

I never wanted any of this. I never wanted to strut a castle in layers and layers of silk and petticoats, or a dress big enough to hold the entire palace up. I never wanted to walk around in fluffy pink high heels that would leave blisters or make me wobble and fall and I told EVERYONE my favorite color is black. I never wanted to not be able to climb a tree or not be able to get my face dirty or scratched for I had to wear make-up that would peel and itch. I didn't want to hear screams and cries when I go outside or have bare feet on, then to hear,
'My poor baby, you could have died.'
I never wanted to only be able to stay inside and walk the hallways or be the life of every ball (and there is a lot of balls) even though I would MUCH rather sit in a corner and be ignored. You might want this, but I don't. I mean, I'm just living an ordinary life in an ordinary world and I'm just an ordinary girl, or at least I was. I used to want all this. I used to dress up in my mums clothes then prance around the house. I used to put on make-up and pretend I was a princess. I used to want to have a ball and I'd get my rusty disco ball out and dance. My mum used to force me to go outside even though I whined and complained. My dream was to become a princess. But one night I told my parents they were the worst and that living in a castle would be so much better, and one night it happened. A curse was bestowed upon me and I could never leave the castle and do nothing till I died. As the guards took me to beyond the hills I kicked and fought then screamed for my parents. Every day is torture. Every second is misery, and one day I decided I had had enough. I fled from the castle walls, my travelling cloak billowing behind me. I escaped from the boundaries. But one night, when all was quite, I fell into darkness and never. Stopped. Falling...

No comments:

Post a Comment