Thursday 6 November 2014

Lost

"Help"
The only word I knew, or ever heard. The last thing I remembered until my mind was wiped blank. The word of hopelessness and wanting, and it was all I knew about life. My clothes were ragged and torn but if anyone thought I cared they were wrong. When I saw the thing people called 'trees' I would stare up at them with amazement. When I tried thinking about my past my eyes would screw up in thought, but all I'd see would be blackness. When I found lights I was reminded of a world with answers. When people asked questions I'd be terrified and scream,

'help'
This was all my life was about. The result I had been left with was to just not think about it, but the thought always came through my barrier of peace. Peace. The opposite of what was meant to be. Death. My fate. Strangled and hollow. Broken and bashed. Tied up and stabbed, this was my life. Complaints I don't hear. Whining is ignored. People crying over which bowl you have is unthoughtful. The only source of knowing was too watch others TV screens, and even then I was lost and frightened. I couldn't defend myself. I couldn't say no. I couldn't wonder or have ideas. But what I could have is pain. Pain. The only thing I was allowed to feel. Death. The only thing I was allowed to see. Screams. The only thing I was allowed to hear. Blood. The only thing I was allowed to smell. 'Help.' The only I was allowed to say. Misery. The only emotion. Life. What was pleaded for. Memory. The biggest wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment